A Guide to Applying for a Music Licence

  • Price: £3.60
  • Published: November 2016
  • Type: Business Information Factsheet
  • Format: PDF

A range of business types play live or recorded music on their premises, for example in offices and factories, pubs and clubs, and gyms and health clubs.

Most music in the UK is copyright protected. If copyright-protected music is played at a place of business, the business owner or proprietor must comply with UK copyright law. In practice, this usually means they must obtain music licences from PRS for Music and PPL.

This factsheet explains when a music licence from PRS for Music and PPL is needed, how to obtain them, and the penalties for playing music on business premises without a licence.

Add to basket

Your basket

    Currently in your basket
  • Empty

Proceed to checkout Proceed to checkout